Coftas in Chilli Tamato Sauce

|

The actual name is "Manchurian Balls with Gravy" but if I post with that title Omantel may block me! Who knows!

Manchurian Coftas in Tomato Chili Sauce

Ingredients:
For Manchurian Coftas:
Cabbage - 1 medium shredded
Carrot - 2 medium finely shredded
Corn flour - 1 cup
Pepper Powder
Green Chilli paste - 1 tsp
Garlic Ginger paste - 1 tsp
Oil - for deep-frying
Salt
For Tomato Chili sauce
Tomato sauce - 1 cup
Onions - 1 cup finely chopped/ shredded
Soya sauce - 1-2 tbsp
Chili sauce - 1/2 cup
Chili paste - 1 tsp
Garlic Ginger paste - 1 tsp
Ajinomoto
Salt

Procedure
Manchurian Coftas

1. After chopping/ shredding the cabbage, add salted water and quench the cabbage to remove the excess water
2. In a bowl, add the quenched cabbage and carrot and mix well. Add pepper and salt to taste and add green chili paste and garlic paste
3. Add cornflour <> and mix well to the above mixture and make the thus formed dough into small balls/ coftas

These are the coftas b/f frying

4. Deep fry these coftas until crispy and golden brown.
5. Make sure you remove all the excess oil using Palace Tissues

Tomato Chili Sauce
1. In a pan, add 2 tbsp of Oil
2. Add onion pieces and saute them till brown
3. Add soya sauce, Ajinomoto, tomato sauce, chili paste, ginger garlic paste and chili sauce.
4. Mix well until the sauce thickens

Pour the sauce over the Manchurian Coftas just before serving.


Modifications:
1. I am not that fave of tomato sauce, so I used half cup tomato sauce and half cup fresh tomato paste...it didn't alter the taste
2. I am far too lazy to blend chili paste and garlic paste separately so I made Chili-Ginger-Garlic paste. Do NOT use the pastes available in the market! They are not good in taste.
3. Ajinomoto is optional if you are allergic to it don't use it
4. I added chopped corriander leaves to my sauce to make it more aromatic.



The Event

I am on a low-fat,low-carb, low-sodium diet from last one month - It has been well over month that I ate anything tasty! I like Chinese food but no one eats in my family so I called on my neighbor (who loves Chinese food but no one eats Chinese in her family too ) Mrs. Joshi. In fact she was the one who gave this recipe!
Mrs. Joshi is our neighbor from last 7 years, she is like a member of our family. (yep, Gujarati & very good cook) She came to help me out! She and I had fun cooking this recipe. So thanks Mrs.Joshi!

4 comments:

Amjad said...

Why Palace Tissues in particular? :P

pollicino said...

Ciao,sono ripassato per salutare te e i tuoi lettori.Hello, I went to greet you and your readers.Ho letto che dormi poco,ma se è cosi' vuol dire che il tuo corpo non vuole dormire di piu'.I read that little sleep, but if you so 'means that your body does not want to sleep more'.Un grosso abbraccio ed un saluto dall'Italia ,Eugenio.A big hug and a greeting from Italy, Eugenio.

Bobby said...

:) Cheap Advertising!
actually find them more absorbent than the rest of the brands

Jet Driver said...

Nice recipe, Bobby.

Keep them coming.