Recipe: Indian Fried Rice

|

Ingredients
2 cups basmati rice     
250 g green beans
250 g peas
1/2 teaspoon
salt 1/2 teaspoon
chili powder
1/2 teaspoon      cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon garam  masala
3 teaspoons ghee
8 cloves minced garlic
1/4 cup cashews nuts
 Directions
1. Boil a medium pot of salted water
2. Stir in the rice and boil for 10 minutes (until done)
3.Drain the rice and set aside to cool
4. Cut all the vegetables into long pieces
5.Pour the ghee in the frying pan and add the garlic and cashew nuts and sauté
6. Stir the mixture until slightly browned
7. Add the vegetables and fry until they are fully cooked
8. Add the spices
9. Add the rice, stirring well to coat with the spices, and fry until heated through and well mixed
Recipe from: cook duke

Modifications:
I didn't cook the rice before, instead I added washed raw rice to the frying pan, along with veggies and made the rice fry for few moments (I like to get that brown tinge on the rice).
I then added boiling water to the pan. (Water+ Knorr Rice flavor cube & 1 cup rice*2 cups water)
As I cooked this recipe for dad, I made it more spicy with lots of chillis and un-ground masala
I have added carrots, beetroot too. I have no intentions of using ghee (clarified butter) instead I use sunflower oil or corn oil.
And my side-dish is Raita - just add some shredded onions , carrots, corriander to whisked curd. Et voila!
If you want this also spicy, you can add green chillies or some garlic chilli powder (from Nensey's )
 Bon appetit !

3 comments:

jana z. said...

bobby youre so funny!! before you left, you thought you wouldnt post...youre posting more now than before you left!!!

Anonymous said...

Quеel hasard jje comptais justement faiore un poste semblable au
tiens

Also visit my blog; sexe exotique

Anonymous said...

I wanted to thank you for this wonderful read!! I certainly enjoyed every little bit of it.

I have got you book marked to look at new things you post…

Review my site: gel nails designs