2 cups basmati rice
250 g green beans
250 g peas
salt 1/2 teaspoon
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
3 teaspoons ghee
8 cloves minced garlic
1/4 cup cashews nuts
1. Boil a medium pot of salted water
2. Stir in the rice and boil for 10 minutes (until done)
3.Drain the rice and set aside to cool
4. Cut all the vegetables into long pieces
5.Pour the ghee in the frying pan and add the garlic and cashew nuts and sauté
6. Stir the mixture until slightly browned
7. Add the vegetables and fry until they are fully cooked
8. Add the spices
9. Add the rice, stirring well to coat with the spices, and fry until heated through and well mixed
Recipe from: cook duke
I didn't cook the rice before, instead I added washed raw rice to the frying pan, along with veggies and made the rice fry for few moments (I like to get that brown tinge on the rice).
I then added boiling water to the pan. (Water+ Knorr Rice flavor cube & 1 cup rice*2 cups water)
As I cooked this recipe for dad, I made it more spicy with lots of chillis and un-ground masala
I have added carrots, beetroot too. I have no intentions of using ghee (clarified butter) instead I use sunflower oil or corn oil.
And my side-dish is Raita - just add some shredded onions , carrots, corriander to whisked curd. Et voila!
If you want this also spicy, you can add green chillies or some garlic chilli powder (from Nensey's )
Bon appetit !