So.here we go...
Cauliflower Almond curry with pulihora
1 medium sized cauliflower
cut into florets
2 medium sized tomatoes*
1/2 cup almond paste**
2 or 3 green chillies
3 tpsp oil
2 or 3 medium sized onions finely chopped
1 tsp curry powder (optional)
1 tsp tomato sauce
1 cup milk
1-2 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 pint of cumin seeds
1 pint of termeric (or red/food colour can also be used)
* Blanch the tomatoes (dip'em in hot water for 5 mins and peel them) and blend them
** For lazy cooks like me, almond powder is available - just mix the powder with hot water or boiling milk. If you have almond nuts, soak them in hot water for 30-45 mins and blend them with some milk.
- Take a heavy bottomed wok, add oil. Once the oil is heated, add onions - saute till they are golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste to the onions and fry until the raw smells leaves. Add green chillies
- Now a pinch of cumin seeds and add tomato paste fry until the mixture is thick.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the wok and fry them well. Keep the lid and let them steam for 1-2 minutes
- Add the curry powder and stir well. Now add almond paste and mix well.
- Add milk to the curry and let the cauliflower boil fully in milk for 5-10 minutes. Add turmeric or food color.
- If the curry isn't thick enough, you can add a tablespoon of cornflour (mix cornflour with water before adding- to avoid lumping)
- Add finely chopped pieces of curry leaves (optional) before serving.
- Enjoy with chapatis or rice.